Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Stuck in Denver

My back was twinging a bit last night. This morning I woke up in full
spasm. This isn't the sort of thing that goes away with a few days rest,
so I googled like mad for a chiropractor and found this guy who sounded
like he'd be pretty good.

When I called he said he was probably too far away for me to drive in so
much pain, so he referred me to someone a bit closer. Jackpot! I cannot
believe how much better I feel just from one treatment. Guys was totally
amazing.

Incredibly, he also gave me names of chiropractors he knows along my
entire route home, including one in Boston. I should be hitting the road
again tomorrow.

The hot springs visit was a total mistake. I've never gone from a slight
twinge to full spasm I less than 8 hours before. Usually it takes a few
days. The heat must have completely inflamed the area. I usually take a
very cold shower after "taking the waters", but even the showers at
Glenwoods came from the spring, so I didn't have the opprtunity to cool
down my back until many hours later, and by then it was too late.

No comments: